Frequently Asked Questions


Membership FAQ's 

How do I change my Huntin' Fool account information?

If you're signed into your account, head over to My Profile, which is located on the "My Dashboard" menu on

I forgot my password. How do I reset the password to my account? 

Select Login, which is located at the top left of the Join/Login menu, and click on "Forgot Password?".

When does my membership expire?

If you're signed into your account, head over to My Profile, which is located on the "My Dashboard" menu on

When will I get my first magazine?

If you signed up for print copies of the magazine before or on the 15th of the current month, you will receive the next month’s issue. If you signed up after the 15th, you will begin with the issue two months after. For example, if you sign up before September 15th, you will begin with the October issue. If you sign up after September 15th, you will begin with the November issue. If there was a lapse in your subscription and you weren’t renewed by the 15th, you will not receive next month's issue.

Where is my magazine?

We have some tracking availablity for your magazine.  If you haven't received your magazine by the 15th of the month, please let us know by calling us at 435-865-1020 or submit a Contact Us request. You can purchase additional copies of the magazine for $10 + shipping by calling us at the office. (Issues are subject to availability.) Remember, you can always view the eMagazines here for free with your membership.  

How do I get my photos and/or story in the magazine?

Anyone is welcome to submit their photos and/or stories to us of their successful harvests. Email them to For more information about submitting and story and photo contests, go to our Submissions page.

What states and species do you cover?

  • Alaska – Dall Sheep, Alaska-Yukon Moose, Mountain Goat, Plains Bison, Muskox, Roosevelt Elk, Sitka Blacktail Deer, Barren-Ground Caribou, Brown Bear, Grizzly Bear, Black Bear, Wolf, Wolverine
  • Arizona – Bighorn Sheep, Bison, Elk, Deer, Antelope, Javelina
  • California – Bighorn Sheep, Elk, Deer, Antelope
  • Colorado – Bighorn Sheep, Shiras Moose, Mountain Goat, Elk, Deer, Antelope
  • Idaho – Bighorn Sheep, Shiras Moose, Mountain Goat, Elk, Deer, Antelope, Wolf
  • Iowa – Whitetail Deer
  • Kansas – Deer
  • Kentucky – Elk
  • Maine – Canadian Moose
  • Montana – Bighorn Sheep, Shiras Moose, Mountain Goat, Bison, Elk, Deer, Antelope, Wolf
  • Nevada – Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat, Elk, Deer, Antelope
  • New Hampshire – Canadian Moose
  • New Mexico – Bighorn Sheep, Elk, Deer, Antelope, Exotics
  • Oregon – Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat, Elk, Deer, Antelope
  • Pennsylvania – Elk
  • South Dakota – Bison, Deer, Antelope
  • Texas – Bighorn Sheep, Gemsbok, Scimitar-Horned Oryx
  • Utah – Bighorn Sheep, Shiras Moose, Mountain Goat, Bison, Elk, Deer, Antelope 
  • Vermont – Canadian Moose
  • Washington – Bighorn Sheep, Shiras Moose, Mountain Goat
  • Wyoming – Bighorn Sheep, Shiras Moose, Mountain Goat, Bison, Elk, Deer, Antelope, Wolf

License Application FAQ's

What is the License Application Service?

If you are too busy to fill out your applications, you find the task too daunting, or you’d just like some help from the experts, our License Application Service is there to take care of all of your application needs. The Hunt Advisors help clients create hunting strategies based on the client’s personal goals and hunting limitations, tailoring their hunt strategy to their specific needs. The License Application Team utilizes the recommendations from the Hunt Advisors to apply clients for the best units possible based upon clients’ hunting goals. Our License Application Service is made up of dedicated and passionate individuals who want to make the application process as smooth as possible. Call us at 435-865-1020 to set up a consultation.   


What do you charge to submit applications?

We charge $50 per state for the first species and $10 for each additional species in that state.


Do you charge all of the fees at once?

Our fees: You can pay our fees up front or we can charge you for each state after we've applied you.
State fees: The state fees will be charged as the deadlines come up - it's spread out from January to June.


Do you front the tag fees?

No, we will use your credit card and your address when applying and then all refunds or tags will go directly to you.


How does it work?

We will get all of your personal information as well as what states and species you're interested in, then we will apply for you in those states for those species. If you don't know what states to apply for, we can help you decide that as well.


What does it cost for my kids or my spouse to apply?

Kids under 18 years old are free in the states that you're applying for. Your spouse and kids 18 years and over are half price ($25 per state, $5 per additional species in that state).


Do you have to be a member of Huntin' Fool to use the application services?

No, the License Application Service is separate from a Huntin’ Fool membership. It is an add-on service.  


Can Huntin' Fool do a party application?

Yes, we will just need to get the other party members' information.


What if I already have points in some states, will they transfer?

Yes, all of your points are linked to your Social Security Number or other identifier, so it doesn't matter who applies you.


What's the benefit of using your service as opposed to applying on my own?

We'll make sure you never miss a deadline, so you don't have to worry about it. We can choose your units for you according to the size of animal you're hoping for.


Will using your service improve my odds?

Applying with us will not improve your odds.


How do you know what units to apply me for?

We will ask you what type of units you're interested in or you can tell us what size of animal you would be happy with and we'll choose accordingly.


Who picks my units?

The Hunt Advisors choose your units as they do all the state research for the magazine.