Huntin' Fool Early Summer 2021 Membership Drive Sweepstakes Official Rules
By participating in the Huntin’ Fool Early Summer 2021 Membership Drive Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”), you (“entrant” or “you”) agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
1. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is offered and open only to legal residents of the United States of America and the District of Columbia (U.S.), excluding Florida, New York and Washington, and legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, each of whom is a trial or paid member of Huntin’ Fool. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. On or before May 2, 2021, each entrant must be at least 21 years or older and have a valid hunter safety number and/or valid hunting license. Employees, directors, and officers of Huntin’ Fool and its affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers as well as the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and/or those living in the same household of each such employee, director, or officer are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Trial membership is free. To become a Huntin’ Fool trial member, please visit www.huntinfool.com/member/account-only
2. SPONSOR. The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Your Dream Hunt, LLC., PO Box 250, Cedar City, UT 84721 (“Huntin’ Fool” or “Sponsor”).
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. Gift, Referral, Online Purchase, and Telephone entries will begin on 12:01 AM MT May 1, 2021 and end on 11:59 PM MT June 30, 2021. Mail-in entries must be received in office 15 days prior to period end time to allow for processing.
No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not increase the chances of winning.
4. PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING. The Sponsor will award five (5) prizes (each, a “Prize”). The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Prizes is $82,000.00. A full description of each Prize, and associated ARV can be found on the last page of these Official Rules and on Sponsor’s website, available at www.huntinfool.com
. Entrants must submit their entries in accordance with these Official Rules. No purchase is necessary to win. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. It is expressly understood that Sponsor is under no obligation to the entrants, potential winners, and winners, other than as expressly set forth herein.
5. ENTRY FOR SWEEPSTAKES. There are five (5) methods of entry:
(a) New Member Referral Method: Refer a new member with a new address who purchases an annual membership to Huntin’ Fool between May 1, 2021 and June 30, 2021, and the referrer/purchaser will each receive a credit, set forth below, to be used towards the Early Summer 2021 Membership Drive, for entries into the prizes of their choice. Entries for this entry method are not valid until the new member’s or purchasing member’s credit card or check is processed. Sponsor is not responsible for technical or human malfunctions of any kind in processing credit cards and checks.
(b) Gift A New Member Method: Purchase an annual membership to Huntin’ Fool on behalf of a new member with a new address between May 1, 2021 and June 30, 2021, and the purchaser will receive a credit, set forth below, to be used towards the Early Summer 2021 Membership Drive. Entries for this entry method are not valid until the new member’s or purchasing member’s credit card or check is processed. Sponsor is not responsible for technical or human malfunctions of any kind in processing credit cards and checks.
(c) Online Purchase Method: Access the Huntin’ Fool website at www.huntinfool.com
, select the desired Prize and provide the required information as instructed to complete the purchase of the entry. Entries for this entry method are not valid until the member’s credit card or check is processed. Sponsor is not responsible for technical or human malfunctions of any kind in processing credit cards and checks.
(d) Telephone Purchase Method: Call Sponsor at (435) 865-1020, Monday – Friday (excluding U.S. holidays) between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm MT, provide all requested information from the customer service representative concerning your purchase of the entry, including desired payment method. Entries for this entry method are not valid until the member’s credit card or check is processed. Sponsor is not responsible for technical or human malfunctions of any kind in processing credit cards and checks.
(e) Free Mail-In Method: On a 5"x5.5" card in red ink, hand print your full name, hunter education number (or the Canadian equivalent) with issuing state/province and issuing state/province agency phone number for verification purposes, complete home address including zip code, home telephone number with area code, email address (if available), and the Prize Tier and Title and mail it in a first class stamped, hand printed #10 envelope to: Huntin’ Fool – Membership Drive – Early Summer 2021, PO Box 250, Cedar City, UT 84721. Limit one (1) entry per envelope. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, incomplete, illegible, late, mutilated, or misdirected entries. Mail-In entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. For the entry methods described in Sections 5(a), 5(b), 5(c), and 5(d) above, entrants may purchase individual entries for which the entrant will receive one (1) entry per purchase for the chance to win the Prize. Entrants also have the option to purchase: a package for which the entrant will receive six (6) entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any and all entries of an entrant who Sponsor believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this Sweepstakes, and to cancel the Sweepstakes. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. “Platinum entries” refer to entries for Prizes that are designated as Platinum Prizes, “Gold entries” refer to entries for Prizes that are designated as Gold Prizes, and “Silver entries” refer to entries for Prizes that are designated as Silver Prizes as described on the Huntin’ Fool website, in the Huntin’ Fool magazine, and in these Official Rules. Limit of 30 Platinum entries, 30 Gold entries, and 30 Silver entries received per sweepstake period for any method of entry. Any entry in excess of 30 Platinum entries, 30 Gold entries, and 30 Silver entries will be declared void and ineligible to win.
6. DRAWING AND AWARD. On or about July 6, 2021, potential winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received for the corresponding Prize number. A list of these potential winners will be published on www.huntinfool.com. Sponsor’s staff will attempt to contact these potential winners using the telephone number provided by such potential winner for up to three (3) weeks following the date of the drawing for the respective Prize. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules or declines to accept his or her Prize, or if Sponsor is unable to contact such person within three (3) weeks of the respective drawing date, the Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, that Prize may be awarded to an alternate entrant for that Prize, selected at random. Each winner may be required to furnish proof of identification and hunting license to determine eligibility. Before being declared an official winner, a potential winner may be required to execute and return a Declaration or Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release and applicable tax documentation no later than ten (10) business days after the time such forms are postmarked as having been sent by Sponsor or that potential winner will forfeit his or her Prize. RESIDENTS OF CANADA: Before being declared a winner, a potential winner who is a resident of Canada must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be completed at a mutually convenient time by telephone. If a selected entrant cannot be reached within three (3) weeks of the respective drawing date or fails to answer the question correctly, he or she will forfeit the opportunity to win and an alternate entrant will be selected as described above. If the Prize can be shipped, the Prize will be shipped to the winner within three (3) weeks of Sponsor’s receipt and verification of any and all required paperwork from the potential winner. If the Prize is a guided hunt, Sponsor will send a confirmation email, including instructions on how to redeem the Prize, to the winner and the respective hunt guide/outfitter within three (3) weeks of Sponsor’s receipt and verification of any and all required paperwork from the potential winner. All expenses not stated herein as part of the Prize are the Prize winner’s responsibility. Please review the description of each Prize for additional details on expenses. Potential winners have the right to forfeit any Prize, which forfeiture must be done in a signed writing. If a potential winner forfeits a Prize, that Prize may be awarded to an alternate entrant for that Prize, selected at random. To the extent the award of any Prize is prohibited by law in the applicable jurisdiction, Sponsor will award an alternate prize of Sponsor’s choice of equal value to the potential winner of such Prize.
7. TAXES AND TRAVEL COSTS ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes, fees, or other costs, including, without limitation, any travel or transportation costs, associated with the receipt and use of any Prize.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Prizes are transferable, but are not redeemable for cash and there are no substitutions for any Prizes; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prizes of equal or greater value. If the winner of a Prize transfers the Prize, the winner and the transferee are responsible for filing any and all taxes and/or paperwork required, including executing and returning a Declaration or Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability & Publicity Release, to execute such transfer. Sponsor is not responsible for and the winners will not receive the difference, if any, between the actual value of the prize at the time of award and the ARV stated in these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related correspondence or materials. In the event a Prize cannot be utilized or transferred, Huntin’ Fool will buy back the hunt at fifty percent (50%) of the ARV, to be paid on the same payment schedule that the prize is set upon; or will help to sell the Prize for a twenty percent (20%) commission of the ARV. The depiction of the Prizes in any advertising or promotional materials may not reflect the actual Prizes delivered to the winners.
9. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION.
(a) By entering, you (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification and their entries will be void.
(b) If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder or email address provided at time of entry and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
(c) Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant’s registration in the Sweepstakes if Sponsor determines or suspects that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes at any time if fraud, technical failures, or any other errors or other causes corrupt the administration, security, integrity, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will select potential winners from among all eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation, in a manner determined by Sponsor to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules.
(d) Sponsor does not warrant that access to the Sweepstakes will be uninterrupted. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to: (i) lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, websites, or other connection, availability or accessibility problems arising in connection with or over the course of the Sweepstakes; or (ii) failed communications or communications that are jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone, or cable transmissions or hardware or software malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; or (iii) failure of personal computers and/or software and hardware configurations, any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical, or other errors in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of mail or entries, the offering or announcement of the Prize or in any Prize notification documents; or (iv) any other errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or (v) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Sweepstakes; or (vi) damage to a user’s system occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any information necessary to participate in this Sweepstakes.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Sponsor and each person or entity supplying Prizes awarded under this Sweepstakes and their respective affiliates, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, successors, assigns, and licensees (“Released Parties”) shall not be liable for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death or any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance or use of the Prize awarded. Any dispute shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action. As a condition of entering, you agree to release the Released Parties from any and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Sweepstakes or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any Prize or any travel or activity related thereto; and that under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses) from Sponsor, and in no event will you be entitled to receive attorneys' fees or court costs. Some jurisdictions may not allow certain limitations on damages, so some of these restrictions may not apply to you.
11. LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE. If a potential winner or transferee fails to execute an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of Sponsor issuing such affidavit and release and prior to receipt of the respective Prize, the potential winner or transferee forfeits the Prize. Except where prohibited by law, by submitting an entry and participating in this Sweepstakes, an entrant hereby irrevocably transfers, grants, and assigns to the Sponsor, its affiliates, and its respective successors, assigns, and licensees (unless prohibited by law), the worldwide right in perpetuity to use entrant’s name, address (city and state/province of residence), likeness, voice, photograph, and statements relating to the Sweepstakes or Sponsor in any and all media for any advertising and promotional purposes without additional notification or compensation, as well as on the Sponsor’s website in connection with this Sweepstakes and other promotions, and hereby releases Sponsor and any entity acting on behalf of Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto.
12. All potential winners must fill out all appropriate paperwork prior to receiving a firearm. Potential winners of guided hunt Prizes must execute the respective outfitting organization’s safety and liability agreements and fulfill any other of the outfitter’s requirements before participating in the hunt. Failure to properly execute such paperwork may result in potential winner forfeiting the Prize in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
13. GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Utah, without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the appropriate state or federal court located in Utah.
. Entrants should be aware that Sponsor may be collecting non-public, personally-identifiable information about them in connection with the operation of the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is hosted on servers in the United States, and the personal information entrants provide may therefore also be subject to laws of the United States. Subject to applicable law, Sponsor and Sponsor’s agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, or service providers may use entrants’ personal information submitted with entry for purposes of Prize fulfillment and/or for future marketing by Sponsor, such as to notify them of a product or Sweepstakes that Sponsor thinks may be of interest. Sponsor will not sell personal information submitted with entry to third parties.
15. PRECEDENCE. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in other Sweepstakes materials (including, without limitation, any point of sale, online or print advertising), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
16. INFORMATION. A copy of these Official Rules can be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Huntin’ Fool Early Summer 2021 Membership Drive - Rules Request, PO Box 250, Cedar City, UT 84721. A membership and Sweepstakes entry packet may be obtained by calling 435-865-1020 and requesting a membership and Sweepstakes entry packet. The packet can also be obtained by following the appropriate hyperlink and instructions on www.huntinfool.com. A list of the official winners can be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Huntin’ Fool Early Summer 2021 Membership Drive - Winners List, PO Box 250, Cedar City, UT 84721. Vermont residents may omit return postage.
Entrants are hereby authorized to copy these Official Rules on the condition that it will be for the entrant’s personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
||2022 Alaska Trophy Moose Rut Hunt
||This is a true wilderness hunt in Southwest Alaska with Bushwhack Alaska Guiding & Outfitting based from Talarik Creek Lodge in Iliamna, Alaska. In the past, bulls have averaged over 60” with a possibility of harvesting a 70-incher. This is a rut hunt, so you will hunt them by both spot and stalk and calling. As on any wilderness hunt, this is both a physically and psychologically demanding hunt. Accommodations are in cabins or spike camps. The lucky winner of this trip will be in for a real Alaskan adventure hunt!
||September 11-20, 2022
||Winner is responsible for travel to/from Iliamna, AK, hunting license, tag, and gratuities.
||2022 New Mexico Trophy Elk Hunt
||This hunt will take place in unit 16A or 16D with New Mexico Professional Big Game Hunting. They have over 40 years of experience in these units, which enables their clients to consistently enjoy high success rates on the top end bulls. This hunt will consist of glassing as well as chasing bugles, all while staying in a 5-star lodge or tent camp, whichever you prefer. The winner of this hunt will be provided with a highly coveted rifle landowner tag. This will be a great hunt with a chance at 330-360”+ bulls!
||Winner is responsible for travel to Reserve, NM, license fees, and gratuities.
||2021/2022 West Texas Private Land Free-Range Barbary Sheep/Aoudad Hunt for 2
||This is an awesome four-day hunt with TG’s Trophy Hunts owner Ty Goar and guides. The hunt will be held on a low fence private ranch in the Marfa/Presidio area. You will be hunting for mature rams in the 30” or bigger range. Hunt dates are flexible in the December to March timeframe. Most of the hunting will be spot and stalk, driving in side by sides, and hiking to different vantage points to glass from. Barbary Sheep are continually moving and laying up and down throughout the day, keeping your day action packed. The two lucky winners can fly into Midland or El Paso, Texas where they will rent a vehicle to drive to the ranch, meeting the outfitter at the gate at the highway. Meals and lodging are provided.
||December 2021-March 2022
||Winners are responsible for travel expenses to and from the hunt, license fees, and gratuities.
||2022 Montana Private Land Mule Deer Hunt for 2
||This six-day November rifle rut hunt will take place in Southeast Montana with Western Hunt Co. on some of their premier Mule Deer properties. They have several properties consisting of over 70,000 acres, offering a wide variety of terrain. These ranches are almost completely void of all trees, primarily made up of endless rolling breaks type country, clay badlands, mild grassland hills, large, vast sage flats and coulees, and miles of dry creek bottoms, with a few scattered, dry crops. With strict management over the past several years, this ranch focuses on taking only mature bucks that are 5+ years old and typically score 155-170”+. Most years, there are several 175-180”+ bucks on the properties, especially during the rut. It's not uncommon to see 5-15+ bucks each day, which will make for an exciting and action-packed hunt.
||Winner is responsible for travel to Southeast MT, tag and license fees, and gratuities.
||2021/2022 Nevada Mountain Lion Hunt
||Join Currant Creek Outfitters and their team of guides on a high success Lion hunt in Nevada. This is a five-day hunt that can take place in any part of the state, depending on the snow conditions. Currant Creek Outfitters has a 95% harvest record on Lions with some giants being taken each year. You will stay in a hotel, and hunts are conducted out of 4x4 vehicles, side by sides, snowmobiles, and tracked four-wheelers. The winner will have the option to harvest a second Lion on a $2,500 trophy fee.
||Winner is responsible for travel to Central NV, lodging, meals, tag, license, and gratuities.