To view this page ensure that Adobe Flash Player version 11.1.0 or greater is installed.

APPLICATION TIPS S TA F F A R T I C L E SHANDI MARTINEZ I LICENSE APPLICATION SERVICE MANAGER f you apply in a lot of states every year, you will have to stay on your toes for the next two months as the majority of the deadlines are coming up. Make sure you don’t miss any deadlines, and call us if you want us to submit any of your applications for you. CALIFORNIA California’s application process is fairly easy if you’ve applied before. If you haven’t, you have to send them proof that you’ve either taken a hunter education course or that you’ve bought a hunting license in another state within the last two years. The easiest way to do this is to first create an account on their website and you’ll be issued a GO ID number. You can then email your hunter ed or license to or fax it to 916-419-7585. Include your GO ID number along with your name and phone number. It might take them a few days, but you can check your account online and it will tell you when it has been added. Once your account is updated, you can purchase your hunting license and select the species you want to apply for. IDAHO As I mentioned last month for sheep, moose, and goat in Idaho, you now have to create an account with a username and password in order to apply online. After clicking “Buy Licenses, Tags, and Permits” it will take you to the login page. If you don’t have a username and password, click the box that says “New to this site since September 2016? Click here to create an account.” If you’ve applied before, the only way to set up your account is with a past license number. If you don’t have it, you’ll have to call Idaho. If you’ve never applied, you can use your Social Security number or Driver’s License number to set up your account. 8 Once you’re set up, you’ll want to buy the Hunting/3-Day Fishing License for $154.75. You’ll have to check out completely and get your license number. After that, go back to the page you started on, click “Controlled Hunt Applications,” enter your hunt code, click the number of applicants, and type your license number. From there, you’ll check out a second time and then you’re all set. IOWA If this is your first year applying in Iowa and you were born after January 1, 1972, you are required to submit proof of hunter education before applying. To do this, you will need to create an account online to get your customer ID number. You can then take a picture of your hunter education and email it to with the subject line “Hunter Ed.” In the body of your email, write “License for Iowa” and include your customer ID number. If you are applying for the draw, you have to add “NR Hunting/Habitat 18+,” listed under Combo Hunt and Fish, to your cart first and then you can add your deer license. An antlerless only deer license will be added automatically as this is required with your any deer license. Iowa also has a points only option in which you only have to pay the $52 point fee. I’d recommend doing points only your first year and saving on the upfront fees. NEW HAMPSHIRE When applying online, you will first select “Moose Lottery Application,” and then you will have to fill out all of your personal information, even if you’ve applied before. Next, they list all available units and you rank them in order of your preference. You can rank all the units if you’d like, or you can just rank a few that you want to draw in. If your name is drawn, they will go through all of the units you have ranked, starting with your number one choice. If you are drawn for a tag, you can choose to decline the permit if you’d like. WASHINGTON Washington has jumped on the username and password bandwagon this year. If you’ve applied in the past, you can easily look up your account with your WILD ID#, Social Security number, or Driver’s License number. Once it finds your account, you will verify your information and create your username and password. If you’ve never applied, you’ll start fresh and enter all of your information. Once you have your account created, you then have to log in, even though it seems like you should be logged in already. There are boxes across the top, and you’ll need to click “Purchase Big Game.” You can then select the tags you want and add them to your cart. If you were born after January 1, 1972, you will have to submit proof of hunter education before you can apply. To do this, you’ll have to first create your account to get a WILD ID# and then you can simply email a picture of your hunter education card or certificate to licensing@ with your WILD ID# or last name and date of birth. WYOMING The questions I get most about Wyoming are about the Special licenses and types. Wyoming offers a Special license and a Regular or full price license for deer and antelope. The only differences between the two are the draw odds and the price. We list the odds for both in this issue, so compare the odds of the different licenses in the unit you want and decide which license you want to buy. Wyoming also uses “types” to signify limitations on a unit. It can be for the gender, the season dates, the type of weapon permitted, or the portion of a unit the license is valid for. If you have antelope points, this would be a good year to use them. Populations are good, and thus the tag numbers have increased. Since this could have a negative effect on the trophy potential in the future, you might not want to wait to burn your points. There are a few changes in the states covered in this issue. If you run into any problems or have questions, feel free to give us a call.